Forehead wrinkles are one of the most common skin problem men and women have about their skin. The wrinkles that emerge on the forehead are a sign of growing age, but their appearance in young age is a matter of concern. Of course, they spoil the face, but it is important to get rid of forehead wrinkles instead of irritating.
There are many cosmetic products available in the market that can cure these wrinkles, but it is better to take home remedies instead of these chemical products. In this article, we’ll tell you some effective home remedies, which will really work for you and they are very inexpensive. You will also learn some effective treatments of forehead wrinkles ahead in this article.
What are Forehead Wrinkles?
Forehead wrinkling is a type of skin disorder. In this, lines appear on the skin of the forehead, which are also called folds visible on the skin.
According to a research available from National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), wrinkles less than 1 mm in width and depth are called fine wrinkles. At the same time, lines wider and deeper than 1 mm are considered thick wrinkles.
This means that normal lines formed on the face are lighter, while wrinkles are darker. Wrinkles are more visible on the entire face and hands, including the forehead. [Trusted Source 1]
Causes of Forehead Wrinkles:
There can be several causes of forehead wrinkles, the main causes may include [Trusted Source 1] —
The cause of forehead wrinkles may be photodamage arising from the ultra violet rays of the sun. Due to UV rays, free radicals are formed inside the skin, which damages the skin’s elastin fibers and creates wrinkles.
Fibers called elastin and collagen provide softness and firmness to the skin. With the increasing age, the numbers of them in the skin start to decrease. This causes wrinkles on the skin. [Trusted Source 2]
People who smoke may face more wrinkles than the people who do not smoke. Therefore, smoking can cause forehead wrinkles.
Force on Forehead:
Some people keep on wrinkling their forehead while talking. Due to this, wrinkles can also appear on the forehead.
Due to hormonal changes in the body over time, forehead wrinkles can also occur. This problem is more common in women especially after menopause. Therefore, they are also advised to take hormone therapy. [Trusted Source 3]
Forehead wrinkles can also be due to internal physical deficiency. Research says that wrinkles may also appear on the forehead as a symptom of a disease.
How to Reduce Forehead Wrinkles at Home?
Forehead wrinkles may be treated without going to a dermatologist or surgeon. These lines of the forehead may look strange initially, but it can be overcome by using some home remedies.
Yes, if the problem is serious and home remedies are not working, then see a dermatologist. Here we make it clear that scientific research on these home remedies has reduced, but most people use them for wrinkles.
1. Coconut Oil:
- Organic coconut oil
How to Use:
- Take a few drops of coconut oil and apply it on your face and forehead
- Then give light massage for a few minutes
- Repeat this process every night before going to bed
Coconut oil has been considered to be the best for naturally moisturizing the skin, which can reduce wrinkles. [Trusted Source 4]
It also has many antioxidant properties, which can help to remove free radicals which can cause wrinkles. [Trusted Source 5]
2. Castor Oil:
- Castor oil
How to Use:
- Take one or two drops of castor oil and apply it well on the forehead
- Allow the oil to remain on the forehead overnight
- This oil can be used before sleeping at night or at any time of the day
Castor oil is found to contain ricinoleic acid, which is known to be an excellent skin-conditioning agent. [Trusted Source 6]
This oil is also rich in antioxidant properties, which can keep the forehead skin healthy as well as freeing up untimely lines on the forehead. [Trusted Source 7]
3. Jojoba Oil:
- Few drops of jojoba oil
How to Use:
- Massage your forehead with jojoba oil from your fingertips for two to three minutes
- Leave the oil on for about 20 minutes and then wash it with lukewarm water
- Repeat this process every night before going to sleep
Jojoba oil can be used as part of the removal of forehead ridge. Jojoba oil contains ester, which can reduce the effect of aging on the skin. It also has anti-aging and moisturizer properties. [Trusted Source 8]
4. Citrus Fruits:
- Fresh lemon juice
- Cotton ball
How to Use:
- Dip cotton ball in the lemon juice and apply it on your forehead. If your skin is sensitive, you can mix equal amounts of water with the lemon juice
- Allow the juice to dry and wash with water later
- You can also grind citrus fruits like lemon and orange peel and mix rose water in it to make a face pack. In addition, place citrus fruits in your food as well
- Apply lemon juice once a day
Due to these properties it can reduce the problem of wrinkles to some extent. Also, citrus fruits also have anti-aging properties, which can protect against premature wrinkles. This is confirmed in a research paper available by NCBI. [Trusted Source 9]
5. Flaxseed Oil:
- Flaxseed oil
How to Use:
- Drink one teaspoon of flax seed oil two to four times a day
- Continue this process for about two weeks
Flax seed oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidant properties. It gives smoothness to the skin and works to heal the outer layers.
Ayurveda also states that flaxseed oil can improve the pH level and elasticity of the skin. It also maintains moisturization in the skin. This can reduce the problem of wrinkles to some extent. [Trusted Source 10]
6. Aloe Vera Gel:
- 2 Teaspoons aloe vera gel
- An egg white
How to Use:
- Mix the aloe vera gel well in the egg whites
- Now apply this mixture on your forehead. It can also be applied on your face
- Leave the mixture for 10-15 minutes and then wash it with lukewarm water
- Do this process two or three times a week
Thus, to remove wrinkles on the forehead, aloe vera gel can be used.
7. Petroleum Jelly:
- Petroleum jelly (as required)
How to Use:
- Wet your forehead lightly and apply a small amount of petroleum jelly
- Now massage the forehead, so that the skin does not look too sticky
- Do it everyday before going to bed
Petroleum jelly can also be used to get rid of forehead wrinkles. It is a petroleum product used in most homes. It contains petrolatum, which helps to keep your skin hydrated and can act to prevent fine lines. [Trusted Source 13]
8. Manuka Honey:
- 1 to 2 Teaspoon manuka honey
- Wash cloth
- Hot water
How to Use:
- Dip the wash cloth in the warm water and squeeze out excess water
- Now keep the cloth on your forehead for a minute or two, so that the pores open
- After this, remove the cloth and apply some amount of manuka honey on your forehead
- Allow honey to remain on the forehead for about 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water
- Repeat this process once daily
Therefore, as a way to remove forehead wrinkles, try using honey once.
9. Almonds or Almond Oil:
- 4 Almonds
- 1 Teaspoon cream
- A rose bud
How to Use:
- Grind all the three ingredients in a grinder to make a paste
- Then apply this paste evenly on the face
- After drying, wash face with cold water
- Apart from this, almond oil can also be consumed in food
- Repeat this process two times a week
Almond oil softens your skin and can help to keep it young. If almonds are applied with cream and rose bud, it can help to maintain beauty. This paste bleaches the skin and can nourish it well. Almonds can be used to prevent wrinkles, black heads, dryness of the skin, protection from pimples and to keep the face fresh. [Trusted Source 15]
Therefore, almonds can be used as tips to remove forehead wrinkles.
Material Required :
- Olive oil
How to Use:
- Massage your face with warm olive oil for about 10 minutes. During the massage, move the fingers up and down
- For better results, you can add a few drops of coconut oil to olive oil
- You can repeat this process once or twice daily
Coconut oil can be combined with olive oil to make it an effective moisturizer, which can keep the skin hydrated for a long time. [Trusted Source 17]
Massaging oil improves blood circulation. Also, the muscles of the face are relaxed, which can help to reduce wrinkles. [Trusted Source 18]
Therefore, try coconut oil once as a solution to remove forehead wrinkles.
Treatments of Forehead Wrinkles:
Forehead wrinkles can be treated with home treatment as well as medical treatment. Medical treatment should be done only when home remedies do not work effectively. Medical treatment of forehead wrinkles is done through medicines and surgical procedures. Here we are describing both its ways [Trusted Source 19] —
Doctors may prescribe some drugs and medication that contains retinoid. Retinoid is a type of vitamin-A. It can help in healing wrinkles, spots and dry skin. As per the research available on the site of NCBI, anti-wrinkle effect is also found in it. [Trusted Source 20]
The problem of wrinkles can also be overcome with anti-wrinkle cream. This cream has an alpha-hydroxy acid effect. Now, for which cream is better, only doctors can tell better about it.
Botulinum Toxin (BT) or Botox is a neurotoxin injection made from clostridium botulinum. Skin specialists use it to eliminate facial wrinkles and lines. It is not considered a permanent solution as a part of the removal of brow ridges. Its effect ends after a time and Botox may need to be taken again. [Trusted Source 21]
The overall cost of Botox depends on where you get your treatment done, and how much product you use. The treatment can cost from $300 to $2,000, depending on how much you put in and where you want the injections done.
In this method skin surgeons use an ultra pulsed laser beam to eliminate epidermal (skin) cells. This may reduce wrinkles. It has been considered an effective method of eliminating forehead wrinkles. [Trusted Source 22]
This procedure, known as Facial Cosmetic Acupuncture (FCA), is adopted to increase the elasticity of the face, head and neck. It can be considered as a good option to treat forehead wrinkles. [Trusted Source 23]
Prevention Tips for Forehead Wrinkles:
To prevent forehead wrinkles, some things can be taken care of —
- One can use anti-aging facials by consulting a dermatologist. Facial product contains many active ingredients, which can help to reduce fine lines and wrinkles on the face
- To keep the skin hydrated it is necessary to drink sufficient amount of water
- Many studies suggest that retinoids or vitamin-A may help to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Therefore, consume them in plenty in the diet
- Regular workouts and maintaining physical activity can also increase skin health
- It is also important to get enough sleep and stay away from stress to prevent wrinkles
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight, as it can increase forehead wrinkles
- As a way of removing the lines of the forehead, quit habits like smoking and alcohol consumption, as they damage your skin tissues. This causes the skin to look prematurely old
No one will deny that the effect of wrinkles starts appearing on everyone’s skin at the appointed time. Nevertheless, with the help of the remedy to remove the wrinkles of the forehead mentioned in this article, its effect can be reduced somewhat. At the same time, if you follow a balanced diet and lifestyle and exercise regularly, then this problem can be avoided in the long run.
If you have any question or suggestion, please ask in the comment section below.
RELATED ARTICLES :