Coffee is a popular beverage which is known for its wonderful fragrance and strong freshness. Due to these characteristics, coffee has made a place in every household, but do you know that using coffee powder you can also enhance your beauty? Yes, using a coffee face pack can benefit the skin in many ways. You should read this article carefully, because home made coffee face pack is beneficial and economical for the skin. In this article, we will explain the amazing benefits of coffee face pack and the method to make coffee face pack.
What are The Benefits of Coffee Face Pack?
Coffee powder is used in making coffee face packs, which are obtained from a tree named Coffea arabica. Coffee is used as a beverage around the world, but this coffee can also be beneficial for the skin.
Therefore, coffee properties can be acquired through a face pack made from it. Let us know what qualities are there in the coffee face pack that make the skin beautiful —
Benefits Of Coffee Face Pack For Skin Whitening:
Is coffee good for skin whitening? Yes. Coffee is useful in skin whitening. According to a study published on the website of the National Center for Biotechnology Information, antioxidants are found in the coffee. Also, polyphenols such as chlorogenic acid, condensed proanthocyanidins, quinic acid and ferulic acid present in coffee may be useful for the skin. All these polyphenols prevent fine lines and wrinkles on the face. This can increase the beauty of the entire face. [Trusted Source 1]
Benefits Of Coffee Face Pack To Increase Blood Flow:
Coffee powder is granulated, which can act like a scrub. Therefore, when coffee powder is used as a face pack, it can increase blood circulation to the skin. According to an another research, the caffeine present in coffee can increase the microcirculation of blood in the skin (blood flow to the smallest blood vessels), which can make the skin look healthy and glowing. [Trusted Source 2]
Benefits Of Coffee Face Pack To Make Skin Soft:
A coffee face pack can also be effective in making the skin soft and shiny. Coffee powder is made from coffee fruit i.e. coffee berry. According to a study published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information, coffee berry can protect against harmful ultraviolet rays. May also help the skin to remain young. [Trusted Source 3]
Adding honey to a coffee face pack further enhances its quality, as honey can give skin benefits such as antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antiallergic, and cleansing. It has moisturizing properties, which keep the skin soft and supple. In this way, beautiful skin can be found through the honey present in the coffee face pack. [Trusted Source 4]
How To Prepare Coffee Face Pack?
Coffee face packs are very easy to make. It may require —
- A clean bowl
- A spoonful of honey
- A spoonful of coffee powder
Method Of Use —
- Take the coffee powder in a bowl
- Mix one spoon of honey in coffee powder
- Apply this paste on your entire face
- Massage your face with light hands
- After 15-20 minutes wash your face with clean water
- Repeat this method 2-3 times a week
Additional Tips for Applying Coffee Face Pack
- Before applying the coffee face pack, wash your face with clean water and dry it with a towel with light hands
- It is necessary to remove your makeup before applying it on your face. If the makeup is waterproof, then clean your face with a good makeup removal
- Don’t go outside after applying the coffee face pack. On exiting, the face may get dusty, which may reduce the impact of the face pack
- If anyone has any skin disease, please consult a dermatologist before using the coffee face pack
Cautions While Applying Coffee Face Pack
- If the mixture of coffee face pack has survived after use, do not use it again, as it may cause bacteria, which are harmful to your skin
- Use water and washcloth to rid the face pack of the face
- Do not try to remove the dried face pack directly, this may cause skin rashes
- If your skin is sensitive, do not use this face pack without doctor’s advice
- If you are going to use a coffee face pack for the first time, then apply it on your wrist and do a patch test
- Contact the doctor immediately if you have any kind of itching, allergy or burning sensation by applying the coffee face pack
In this article you have learned how the use of coffee face pack can be beneficial and how it can be made at home. The loss of chemical—rich ready—made cosmetic products can be avoided by using this coffee face pack to get a soft and beautiful skin.
- Skin Ageing: Natural Weapons and Strategies, Ivana Binic, Viktor Lazarevic, Milanka Ljubenovic, Jelena Mojsa, and Dusan Sokolovic; PMCID: PMC3569896, PMID: 23431351
- Caffeine’s Mechanisms of Action and Its Cosmetic Use, A Herman, A. P. Herman, PMID: 23075568, DOI: 10.1159/000343174
- Medicinal and cosmetic uses of Bee’s Honey – A review, E. R. H. S. S. Ediriweera and N. Y. S. Premarathna, PMCID: PMC3611628 PMID: 23559786, DOI: 10.4103/0974-8520.105233
- Practical Uses of Botanicals in Skin Care, Alison F. Stallings, MD and Mary P. Lupo, MD, FAAD, PMCID: PMC2958188, PMID: 20967187