Many people drink juice of different fruits and vegetables to maintain their health. One such juice is also of wheatgrass. Wheatgrass juice can play a vital role when it comes to good health. In this article, we’ll share 7 best health benefits of wheatgrass juice. In addition, you will also know the uses of wheatgrass juice along with its side-effects.
WHEATGRASS JUICE BENEFITS:
Wheatgrass juice comes with a wide range of benefits. Wheatgrass juice benefits may include:
1. FOR ANEMIA:
The benefits of wheatgrass juice can be seen to prevent anemia. According to a research, one of the main cause of anemia is not consuming nutritious diet. In such a situation, many enzymes including vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants present in wheatgrass can prove to be beneficial for health.
Wheatgrass also contains chlorophyll, which is similar to hemoglobin, as both are chromoproteins. This is the reason, why wheatgrass is also known as green blood.
A scientific research in this regard found that consuming fresh wheatgrass juice for about three weeks may help increase the amount of hemoglobin in the blood. In such a situation, people with anemia can consume wheatgrass in the form of juice.
2. REDUCE CHOLESTEROL:
According to a study, wheatgrass contains hypolipidemic effect, which can help lower cholesterol.
In an another research, it has been found that after giving wheatgrass juice to rats suffering from hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol) problem, it helped to excrete excess cholesterol through stools.
According to an another research, wheatgrass contains a compound, called choline, which can work reduce cholesterol levels to some extent.
3. PREVENT OBESITY:
Wheatgrass juice can also be used to maintain healthy weight. In clinical trials, wheatgrass has been found helpful in reducing obesity.
An another research reveals that fresh wheatgrass and other plants containing chlorophyll can be effective and safe when it comes to reducing weight. In such a situation, wheatgrass juice can prove beneficial in weight control.
4. PROVIDE RELIEF IN ALLERGY:
Wheatgrass juice can also be considered beneficial for reducing allergies. A research has revealed that wheatgrass juice can help reduce the effect of hay fever (allergic rhinitis). In such a situation, the chlorophyll present in wheatgrass can be considered beneficial in this regard. In addition, wheatgrass juice can help relieve sulfur allergies.
5. REDUCE BLOOD PRESSURE:
Wheatgrass can help control blood pressure to some extent. The chlorophyll present in it may work reduce hypertension or high blood pressure. It has been described as a safe and effective way to regulate blood pressure. Not only this, it can also be consumed by people with normal blood pressure levels.
In this way, wheatgrass can help reduce high blood pressure as well as maintain normal blood pressure levels.
6. WHEATGRASS JUICE FOR HAIR:
The benefits of wheatgrass juice can also be seen here. Wheatgrass contains proteins and when you consume it in the form of juice, they enter into the body and break down into amino acids.
These amino acids may play an important role in keeping the hair healthy. Wheatgrass also contains an element called zinc, which helps nourish your hair. In addition, wheatgrass juice may also protect hair from becoming gray.
7. REDUCE INFLAMMATION:
Wheatgrass juice is one of the best ways to reduce inflammation. Wheatgrass has anti-inflammatory effect, which can work reduce inflammation. Due to this effect, both inflammation and associated pain can be reduced.
Not only this, the juice made with wheatgrass is also said to prevent inflammation caused by increasing uric acid levels.
USES OF WHEATGRASS JUICE:
Wheatgrass juice can be used in different ways. Here’s how to use wheatgrass juice to grab maximum benefits:
- You can drink wheatgrass juice in such a normal way.
- If you don’t like the taste of wheatgrass juice, then you can drink it by adding some honey.
- It can also be consumed by adding lemon and some spices.
- Consume wheatgrass juice by mixing with fruit juice.
- Wheatgrass juice can also be applied on the skin by mixing it in the face pack.
HOW MUCH TO USE:
It is normally safe to drink 100 to 200 ml of wheatgrass juice twice a day. However, the quantity depends on the different factors such as the physical condition, health and age of the person. Here, it is advisable to consult a doctor or dietician first.
It is considered good to drink wheatgrass juice on an empty stomach in the morning.
HOW TO MAKE WHEATGRASS JUICE:
- A glass of water
- One teaspoon of lemon juice
- Two teaspoons of wheatgrass powder
How to Make:
- First, put all the three ingredients in a mixer. Now, blend it well for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then, add little more water and mix for a while. Then take it out in a glass and filter it.
- Your wheatgrass juice is ready to drink.
SIDE EFFECTS OF WHEATGRASS JUICE:
Wheatgrass juice has a wide range of health benefits. However, its excessive consumption can cause many side-effects. Wheatgrass juice side-effects may include:
- Many people may be allergic to it. In such a situation, avoid consuming wheatgrass juice.
- It may cause swollen tongue in more sensitive people.
- Its excessive intake can cause nausea and vomiting.
- Pregnant women should consume it under the supervision of a doctor.
TIPS TO CONSUME WHEATGRASS JUICE:
Before consuming juice made from wheatgrass, it is vital to keep some things in the mind; including:
- Always consume fresh juice of wheatgrass.
- When you start drinking, take it in small quantities and then gradually increase its quantity.
- If someone is allergic to it, then stop its consumption immediately.
- Avoid drinking it in large quantities. It is always beneficial to consume only a limited amount of it.
- Drink it in small amounts regularly. Consume it daily for a specified time to get the maximum benefits.
After reading this article, you must come to know about the benefits of drinking wheatgrass juice. Many physical problems can be avoided by consuming wheatgrass juice on a regular basis. In addition, you can prepare it easily at your home. If you really enjoyed this article, then do not forget to share it with others.
- THE EFFECT OF WHEATGRASS JUICE ON HEMOGLOBIN LEVEL W.S.R. TO SAMANYA-VISHESHA SIDDHANTA; Pawar Kiran Bhikaji and Thakare Mangala P; Vol 3, Issue 7: July 2015.
- A study on wheat grass and its Nutritional value; Rajesh Mujariya and Ramesh Bodla.
- A pilot study on wheat grass juice for its phytochemical, nutritional and therapeutic potential on chronic diseases; M. Chauhan; P-ISSN 2349–8528, E-ISSN 2321–4902, IJCS 2014; 2(4): 27-34.
- Hypolipidemic effect of fresh Triticum aestivum (wheat) grass juice in hypercholesterolemic rats; Saroj Kothari, Anand K Jain and Swaroop C Mehta; PMID: 21485304.
- The Medical Use of Wheatgrass: Review of the Gap Between Basic and Clinical Applications; Gil Bar-Sela, Miri Cohen, Eran Ben-Arye and Ron Epelbaum; PMID: 26156538.
- Green Blood Therapy of Wheat Grass – Nature’s Finest Medicine’- A Literature Review; Neethu S. Kumar and Megha Murali; e-ISSN:2278-3008, p-ISSN:2319-7676. Volume 11, Issue 2 Ver. IV (Mar.- Apr.2016), PP 57-64.
- Wheatgrass Juice Administration and Immune Measures during Adjuvant Chemotherapy in Colon Cancer Patients: Preliminary Results; Adva Avisar, Miri Cohen and Rina Katz; PMCID: PMC7345549. PMID: 32585974.