Many individuals trust Ayurvedic medicines because they have less side-effects than allopathic medicines. They can help in maintaining a healthy body. One such Ayurvedic medicine is Garcinia Cambogia. Probably, you may haven’t heard its name ever before.
Keeping this in mind, in this article, we’re going to discuss the health benefits of Garcinia Cambogia and its side-effects. In addition, you will also know the correct method of its use to avoid the side-effects of Garcinia Cambogia.
WHAT IS GARCINIA CAMBOGIA?
Garcinia Cambogia is a type of fruit, which is found especially in India and South—East Asia. Its peel is used to add flavor to a variety of dishes and vegetables.
BENEFITS OF GARCINIA CABOGIA FOR HEALTH:
In this section, we will discuss about the various proven benefits of Garcinia Cambogia. The use of Garcinia Cambogia can be beneficial to great extent when facing the problem mentioned below.
Here, we want to make it clear that it is not a medical treatment for any disease and we do not even claim to eliminate any disease from its root.
1. Garcinia Cambogia for Weight Loss:
Along with exercise, it is better to use Garcinia Cambogia instead of taking supplements and powders to lose weight. This magical fruit contains hydroxycitric acid in plenty, which is considered effective in weight loss. This acid is said to slow down the process of fatty acid uptake by inhibiting an enzyme (adenosine triphosphate-citrate lyase) in the body.
At the same time, it can help reduce the desire for hunger by increasing the availability of serotonin (a type of hormone) in the brain. This can help with weight control. It may only be helpful in short—term weight loss, but further research is needed on this topic.
2. Beneficial in Bowel Problems:
Many intestinal problems such as Crohn’s disease, inflammatory bowel disease and ulcers can occur due to the inability of the intestine. At the same time, due to its many medicinal properties, Garcinia Cambogia can keep the intestine healthy. This is where its gastroprotective and anti-inflammatory properties work.
Scientific research done on rats suffering from ulcers in the intestine has stated that the consumption of Garcinia Cambogia can help in repairing the damage done in the intestine of rats.
3. Benefits of Garcinia Cambogia in Cancer:
When it comes to Ayurvedic medicine to prevent cancer, Garcinia Cambogia can be used.
A research has revealed that the pulp of this fruit has anti-proliferative and anti-cancer properties, which can inhibit the growth of certain types of cancer cells (CaCo2 and HeLa carcinoma cells).
NOTE— Cancer is a fatal disease. So, it is necessary to get adequate treatment. It is not possible to cure cancer with home remedies.
4. Protect Against Heart Diseases:
The benefits of Garcinia Cambogia can also be seen to help protect against heart diseases. An increased level of cholesterol in the body can cause a variety of health problems, including heart disease.
In such a situation, to avoid this problem, it is necessary to consume such supplements, which can help control cholesterol, such as Garcinia Cambogia.
The garcinol present in Garcinia Cambogia is an effective antioxidant that oxidizes bad cholesterol and can work to control it. If about 500 mg of Garcinia Cambogia consumed daily, the total lipid profile, especially may help to reduce serum cholesterol and bad cholesterol (low—density lipoprotein).
5. Benefits of Garcinia Cambogia in Arthritis:
The problem of swelling, joint pain and stiffness due to swelling in the tissues is called “arthritis“. It can affect any joint in the body. The magical herb “Garcinia Cambogia” can be used to get relief from this.
According to a scientific research, in Ayurveda, Garcinia Cambogia can be used to get relief from arthritis. The hydroxycitric acid present in it, is said to have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce joint inflammation and relieve arthritis.
HOW TO USE GARCINIA CAMBOGIA:
Garcinia Cambogia is a type of supplement. It is advised to take the right amount of it after consulting a doctor or health care provider. It can be used in the following ways:
- Its powder can be used as a flavoring in smoothies, fruit juices, etc.
- It can be dried and used as a flavor in different types of gravies.
- Along with this, Garcinia Cambogia tea is also available in the market.
HOW TO MAKE GARCINIA CAMBOGIA TEA:
To make Garcinia Cambogia tea, you need to follow these steps:
- Heat a cup of water in a pot.
- When the water starts boiling, add a quarter teaspoon of Garcinia Cambogia tea leaves to it.
- After boiling this tea for some time, filter it.
- Now it is ready to drink.
WHERE TO BUY GARCINIA CAMBOGIA?
Garcinia Cambogia supplements can be easily found at any medical store. At the same time, to use Garcinia Cambogia, you can purchase its powder from any supermarket. Also, it is available online.
SIDE EFFECTS OF GARCINIA CAMBOGIA:
In some severe cases, its excessive intake can cause acute liver failure. Below we’re going to list other side-effects of not taking Garcinia Cambogia in adequate amounts:
- Getting dizzy
- Having liver problems
Now you must have understood the benefits of Garcinia Cambogia. It is mainly used to reduce weight. In addition, while using it, keep in mind that Garcinia Cambogia also has some health side-effects.
Apart from this, You have also learned how to use it. Hope, this article will be helpful for you! If you have any question or suggestions, please leave in the comment box below.
- The Use of Garcinia Extract (Hydroxycitric Acid) as a Weight Loss Supplement: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomised Clinical Trials; Igho Onakpoya, Shao Kang Hung,Rachel Perry,Barbara Wider and Edzard Ernst; PMCID: PMC3010674. PMID: 21197150.
- Attenuation of colitis injury in rats using Garcinia cambogia extract; Samara Bonesso dos Reis, Caroline Candida de Oliveira, Simone Coghetto Acedo, PMID: 18979524.
- Garcinia Cambogia; National Center of Complementary and Integrative Health.
- Garcinia Cambogia; Bethesda.
- Potential additive effects of garcinia cambogia on atorvastatin treated hyperlipidemic patients: randomized crossover clinical study; Ali Al-Gareeb, International Journal of Advances in Medicine, 2014.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis; Medline Plus.
- An examination of the antimicrobial and anticancer properties of Garcinia cambogia fruit pericarp extracts; C. Hart and I. E. Cock.