Coriander (Coriandrum sativum) is a well—known spice in Indian kitchens. Along with enhancing the taste of food, coriander leaves also prove to be useful in decorating the dishes. But, DO YOU KNOW if coriander seeds are used properly, it is a boon for your health. This article explains how to use coriander water for weight loss. Read on till the end to know the ways to lose weight with coriander water.
What is Coriander Water?
Coriander is a spice which comes with medicinal properties. It has been used for centuries as a traditional medicine. Coriander water can play a vital role in digestion and increasing appetite.
Not only this, coriander water also helps to detoxify your body. Due to this, all the dirt and impurities in the body flushes—out, and people feel lighter, which can help in weight loss. Drinking coriander water can also relieve some skin problems.
You may also be interested in: How Cumin Water (Jeera Water) is Beneficial for Rapid Weight Loss?
Let us now know why coriander water is beneficial in weight loss.
Why is Coriander Water Beneficial in Weight Loss?
As we told in the beginning of this article that coriander seeds have many types of medicinal properties. Therefore, coriander water can help in weight loss. Here we make it clear that there is a lack of scientific research on coriander in relation to weight loss. Let us now know in detail how coriander can be beneficial in losing weight.
1. Low Calories:
A wide range of spices are used extensively in India. According to a scientific research, spices are rich in many healthful antioxidants. They have very low calorie content. At the same time, to lose weight, experts recommend to consume low—calorie foods. On this basis, it can be said that weight can be reduced by consuming coriander water.
You may also be interested in: 11 Fabulous Zero Calorie Foods for Weight Loss
2. Increase Metabolism:
Coriander used in vegetables has been considered as a useful medicine in Ayurveda. It works to activate metabolism and also improves the digestive system, which may help in losing weight. Not only this, coriander is also considered to be a good detox agent, which can help to flush out all impurities accumulated in the body. Coriander water helps in weight loss by body’s detoxification and improved metabolism levels. However, there is no solid scientific research available to confirm this fact.
3. Reduce Fat:
Coriander water intake is one of the better alternatives to home remedies to reduce obesity. Coriander water can help in reducing abdominal fat. A scientific study states that some spices have anti-obese effects, including coriander. It can not only reduce weight, but can also help prevent weight gain. Therefore, it is believed that coriander water may be an accurate recipe for weight loss.
You may also be interested in: 10 Best Fat Burning Foods for Weight Loss
4. Strengthens Digestion:
Along with losing weight with coriander water, digestion can also be strengthened. Consuming coriander seeds produce bile acid in the stomach, which plays an important role in digestion. Coriander seeds also have a carminative effect, which can also relieve acidity problems. In addition to this, it may also promote enzymes that digest food by breaking down proteins present in the small intestine.
5. Reduce Cholesterol:
Coriander can be considered effective in reducing cholesterol. If it is consumed as decoction, then it goes into the body and balances the level of lipids in the blood. It can also helps to reduce the level of LDL or bad cholesterol and increase the level of HDL or good cholesterol. In this way, coriander water can also keep cholesterol healthy by reducing weight.
How to Use Coriander Water to Reduce Obesity?
If someone is troubled by obesity, coriander water can prove to be useful for them. Here, we are giving two ways to use coriander water.
- Three tablespoons of coriander seeds
- One glass of water
How to Use:
- Soak 3 spoons of coriander in a glass of water before going to bed at night.
- After wake up in the morning and sieve this water.
- Then take it on an empty stomach. This water can be consumed daily in the morning.
- Three-four teaspoon of coriander leaves
- One glass of water
- Five-six drops of lemon juice
How to Use:
- Blend the coriander leaves in the grinder.
- Then mix this paste in a lukewarm water.
- Now mix lemon juice in it. Drink this water daily in the morning.
How Much Coriander Water Should Be Drunk Daily to Lose Weight?
If someone is troubled by their growing obesity and is dieting along with sweating hours in the gym to do belly fat burn, then such people can add coriander water to their diet. Usually, drinking one glass of coriander water a day is sufficient, but there is no solid scientific evidence in this regard.
You may also be interested in: 6 Best Detox Water Recipe for Weight Loss
Things to Remember:
- Although coriander is a very beneficial spice, but prolonged use of anything can be harmful. Therefore, it is also right to use coriander in an appropriate quantity.
- Some people are sensitive in nature, who may be allergic to coriander aroma. This problem is called the Pollen Food Syndrome. Such people should include coriander in their diet only on the advice of the doctor.
- Coriander seeds can reduce blood sugar. In such a situation, if someone consumes it in excess quantity, then his/her blood sugar can be very low.
Through in this article, we have given our readers complete information about how to use coriander water for weight loss. It has also explained how to make coriander water and what are its other health benefits. We hope that this article will be very helpful in reducing weight gain problem.
If you have any question or suggestions, you can leave in comment section below.
- Coriander Seeds in Diet; Author: Nida Tabassum Khan; Journal of Advances in Plant Biology; Volume No: 1. Issue No: 2ISSN: 2638-4469.
- Indian Spices for Healthy Heart – An Overview; Author: Hannah R Vasanthi and R.P Parameswari; PMCID: PMC3083808. PMID: 22043203; doi: 10.2174/157340310793566172.
- Digestive stimulant action of spices: A myth or reality?; Author: Kalpana Platel & K.Srinivasan; Indian J Med Res 119, May 2004, pp 167-179.
- The cholesterol lowering property of coriander seeds (Coriandrum sativum): mechanism of action; Author: P Dhanapakiam, J Mini Joseph, V K Ramaswamy, M Moorthi and A Senthil Kumar; PMID: 18831331.
- The effect of hydroalcoholic extract of Coriandrum sativum on rat appetite; Author: Mohsen Nematy, Maryam Kamgar, Seyed Mohammad Reza Mohajeri, Seyed Amir Tabatabaei Zadeh, Mohammad Reza Jomezadeh, Omid Akbarieh Hasani, Najmeh Kamali, Shohreh Vojouhi, Sara Baghban, Azita Aghaei, Mohammad Soukhtanloo, Mahmoud Hosseini, Zahra Gholamnezhad, Hassan Rakhshandeh, Abdolreza Norouzy, Habibollah Esmaily, Majid Ghayour-Mobarhan and Michael Patterson; PMCID: PMC4075695. PMID: 25050262.
- Cross-reactivity syndromes: presentation of two cases and review of the literature; Author: Sakine Işık, Zeynep Arıkan-Ayyıldız, Şule Çağlayan-Sözmen, Fatih Fırıncı, Tuba Tuncel, Özkan Karaman and Nevin Uzuner; The Turkish Journal of Pediatrics 2014; 56: 291-294.
- Effect of coriander seed (Coriandrum sativum L.) ethanol extract on insulin release from pancreatic beta cells in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats; Author: Maryam Eidi, Akram Eidi, Ali Saeidi, Saadat Molanaei, Alireza Sadeghipour, Massih Bahar and Kamal Bahar; PMID: 19003941. DOI: 10.1002/ptr.2642.