Acidity or gas is a very common condition in many Indians.
Due to acidity, you may feel heartburn around the lower chest area, restlessness, bad breathing or any other issue.
Unhealthy eating habits and poor lifestyle may cause this condition.
The food we eat goes down into the stomach.
The gastric glands in stomach usually produces gastric acid which helps to digest food.
Acidity occurs when the gastric glands create a large amount of this acid, more than what is required for the digestion process.
Causes of Acidity :
This condition is extremely common in India because of heavy consumption of oily, spicy and junk food by Indians.
Other factors are also responsible for acidity or gas, like :
- Consuming non-vegetarian, spicy or junk foods
- Excessive stress, lack of sleep
- Consuming too much alcohol or liquor
- Side effects of medicines
- Stomach disorders like stomach tumor, peptic ulcers, etc.
Symptoms of Acidity :
- Burning sensation in the stomach
- Burning sensation in the throat
- prolonged sour taste in the mouth
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Bad breath
- Constipation or indigestion
Acidity Treatments :
1. Cold Milk :
You can use cold milk to cure acidity or gas because it can neutralize the acids in your stomach and can give you relief from gas or acidity.
One glass of cold milk helps to prevent your acidity related problems.
2. Buttermilk or Chaach :
Buttermilk helps to normalize acidity because it contains lactic acid.
You can consume plain buttermilk several times a day until you get relief.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar :
Apple cider vinegar can be a good remedy, if you are suffering from acidity related problems.
It is because it has alkalizing impact though acidic in nature.
Basically, include apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink it before your meals.
4. Ice Cream 🍦🍦:
Ice-cream is delicious in taste and one cup of ice-cream can give you relief from acidity.
If you are not susceptible to cold and cough then you can try ice cream.
5. Almonds :
Almonds are also good because they neutralize the juices in your stomach and helps to prevent acidity issues.
6. Have a Balanced Life :
- Drink a decent amount of water and increase your liquid intake (Read: How Drinking Water Is Good For Health?)
- Avoid spicy, oily and junk food in your diet
- Do exercise or physical activities every day
7. Stop Drinking 🥂 and Smoking :
Smoking and drinking can trigger your acidity problems.
So you should avoid smoking and drinking both. (Read: Health Effects of Smoking for Bodybuilders)
8. Get Enough Sleep :
Lack of sleep can cause gastric issues.
So, just stop late nigh sleeping and take enough sleep of minimum 6 to 7 hours a day. (Read: Can Lack of Sleep Cause Heart Problems Almost As Smoking?)